Force Majeure White Chenin Blanc

South Africa

 was £13.99

This product is currently sold out.

Please fill in the form below if you'd like to be notified when it becomes available.

Force Majeure White Chenin Blanc. Beautifully fresh and pure, with notes of pear and apples on the nose. It is pleasantly silky and textured on the palate, with a great acid backbone and minerality on the finish.

Grapes are sourced from a single vineyard on the Paardeberg Mountain. The vineyard was planted in 1983, and is planted with dryfarmed bush vines. Vines are 32 years old, mostly south facing with an altitude of 250 metres above sea level. Soils are decomposed granite which encourage the vine to develop deep and strong roots.

Farmed organically with minimal intervention. All grapes were handpicked in the early morning during cooler weather, placed into lug boxes (smaller quantities mean reduced compaction and damage to the fruit) and then moved to cellar.

80% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel at cooler temperatures (14 degrees Celsius), and the remaining 20% was vinified in older 300-litre barrels. 20% whole bunch was used. Ageing takes place over 9 months in old oak, after which the wine is blended and bottled without fining or filtering.

Country: South Africa
Region: Swartland
ABV: 11.5%
Grapes: Chenin Blanc
Volume: 75cl
Vintage: 2016

Share this

Pin Post Plus